- If you are an author or publisher interested in having us review your book, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to read the guidelines below first!
- UPDATE 12/26/15: We are currently not accepting review requests from self-published authors or indie or small presses. While we admire your commitment to literature, we simply receive too many requests to give them the attention they deserve. Thanks for taking the time to check out our blog! If you email us a review request anyway, we will probably not send a response email.
- We occasionally consider author interviews or guest posts, but prefer to feature authors we have read.
- If you would like to submit a guest post about the writing process in general, we will consider that. See an example here.
- We write honest reviews for all the books we read. (Specifically, there is a possibility we will post a negative review.)
- We will try to read your book in a timely manner. Please let us know if there is a specific date by which you would like the review to be posted.
- You may get one or two reviews, depending on how busy Krysta and Briana are.
- Briana may also post her reviews on Goodreads.
- We do not currently post reviews on Amazon.
- If you would like us to post an author interview or guest post with the review, please let us know.
- The genres we read most often include middle grade books, young adult books, and adult fantasy, science fiction, or historical fiction.
- If your book includes a lot of adult material, we are probably not interested. (Ask yourself whether your book includes detailed sex or rape scenes.)
- We prefer to accept hard copies of books, as we find them easier to read. If you need to send an e-copy, we can accept PDFs and Kindle formats.
On Content Notes:
- Occasionally we add “content notes” to the end of reviews, detailing how much swearing, sexual material, etc. are in a particular book. These are to help other readers decide if they are comfortable reading a certain book and for personal reference. Because our friends know we like to read, we are sometimes called upon for book suggestions, either for individuals or for groups. Certain organizations have guidelines about what types of material can be in the books they purchase and provide. Content notes just help us recommend books we know will not be rejected. (We are certainly in no way trying to censor books!)
- We are not compensated for any of our reviews. Books we receive from authors or publishers will be identified under the “Source” category at the top of the book review. If reviews do not list a source, we borrowed or purchased the book ourselves.