This year, Pages Unbound is hosting a challenge to support and promote book bloggers through sharing posts, commenting on posts, and otherwise recognizing book bloggers. If you would like more information on how it works or how to join in, read the introduction post here.
Share 10 book blog posts to social media!
If you have a Twitter thread, blog post etc., with links that you would like to share, leave a comment below! (I completed the challenge but didn’t keep a list. You can see my usual monthly round-up linking to posts around the blogosphere here though.)
There were also several mini challenges to participate in this year:
- Comment on a book tour post. (Why: So publishers can see bloggers have an audience and these marketing posts are reaching people.)
- Comment on an author interview. (Why: These posts tend to get few comments, so commenting shows authors and publishers that people are reading them — and blogs in general.)
- Tag a publisher on social media when you retweet a 5 star review from a blogger. (Why: These posts often get little recognition from publishers.)
- Vote for book bloggers in any end-of-the year awards where “book influencers” are nominated. (Why: Usually these categories are dominated by bookstagrammers and booktubers.)
- Share your secrets to blogging “success.” (Why: We’re all in this together! If you have a great way to get traffic or comments, let others know so we can succeed as a community.)
This is the end of the year, so it’s the end of the challenge! Thank you to everyone who participated!
3 thoughts on “2022 “Support Book Bloggers” Challenge: December Check-in”
Great post and challenge. I do all these things regularly and agree with your thoughts!
Excellent post. It’s interesting how we remember to tag authors in our social media posts, but we often forget to do the same with the publishers (who are more likely to take notice and to send us more books to review).
I really meant to take a more active part in this challenge but it kept slipping my mind. It is something that I’m going to try and do more of this year though.