This year, Pages Unbound is hosting a challenge to support and promote book bloggers through sharing posts, commenting on posts, and otherwise recognizing book bloggers. If you would like more information on how it works or how to join in, read the introduction post here.
THIS MONTH’S CHALLENGE
Link to Other Book Blogs in Five of Your Own Posts
- Creating a round-up of interesting links from other blogs
- Writing a discussion post inspired by someone else’s and linking back
- Linking to other bloggers’ reviews at the end of your reviews
- Linking to another blogger’s post in a discussion post to support a point
- Including quotes from other bloggers and linking back to them in one of your posts
I completely failed this one. I haven’t had much time for blogging at all recently. In fact, you may have noticed that while Krysta and I posted nearly every day in 2021, that simply wasn’t the case in 2022. But the result is that I probably published 2-3 posts total in November (Krysta’s been doing more!), so I didn’t have a lot of opportunities to complete this task. I’m hoping for some more free time in 2023!
Share 10 posts by other book bloggers to social media.
Since we are nearing the end of 2022, keep in mind there are some bonus mini challenge ideas to complete!
- Comment on a book tour post. (Why: So publishers can see bloggers have an audience and these marketing posts are reaching people.)
- Comment on an author interview. (Why: These posts tend to get few comments, so commenting shows authors and publishers that people are reading them — and blogs in general.)
- Tag a publisher on social media when you retweet a 5 star review from a blogger. (Why: These posts often get little recognition from publishers.)
- Vote for book bloggers in any end-of-the year awards where “book influencers” are nominated. (Why: Usually these categories are dominated by bookstagrammers and booktubers.)
- Share your secrets to blogging “success.” (Why: We’re all in this together! If you have a great way to get traffic or comments, let others know so we can succeed as a community.)
LINK YOUR COMPLETED TASKS BELOW IN THE COMMENTS!
If you wrote a post, shared a Twitter thread, or did anything else this month you’d like to share, please leave a link in the comments. And since we’re supporting bloggers, be sure to check out some of the links that other people have left!