Every year on March 25, the anniversary of the Downfall of Sauron, the Tolkien Society hosts Tolkien Reading Day. This year’s theme selected by the Tolkien Society is Hope and Courage. The primary goal is to promote the reading of the works of J.R R. Tolkien! To celebrate, Pages Unbound will be hosting two weeks of Tolkien-related posts. In addition to our own thoughts, we will be featuring a number of guest posts!
- March 21: The Power of Revisiting the World of Tolkien (Guest Post by Edith-Marie @ Short Girl Writes)
- March 22: The Richness of Tolkien’s Female Characters: Eowyn
- March 23: Why You Should Read The Silmarillion (Guest Post by Mary Drover)
- March 24: How Obsessed with The Lord of the Rings Are You? (Quiz)
- March 25: Review: Roverandom by J.R.R. Tolkien (Guest Post by Kim)
- March 26: My Tolkien Collection (Guest Post by Meg)
- —Non-Tolkien Post: 5 Classics from the Middle Ages I Recommend (Classic Remarks)
- March 27: The Richness of Tolkien’s Female Characters: Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
- March 28: Would You Survive As a Member of the Fellowship of the Ring? (Flow Chart)
- March 29: The Lord of the Rings Books and Movies – A Comparison (Guest Post by Linda White)
- March 30: Tolkien Opinions and Habits Survey Results
- March 31: Perilous and Fair: Women in the Works and Life of J.R.R. Tolkien ed. by Janet Brennan Croft and Leslie A. Donovan (Review by Briana)
- April 1: Tolkien Reading Day – A Shelf Tour by Between Pages (Guest Post by Rucha)
- April 2:
- —Non-Tolkien Post: Classic Remarks
Use the hashtag #TolkienReadingEvent21 to follow our event and share your thoughts on Tolkien! We’ll also be sharing discussion questions and polls.
MORE TOLKIEN RESOURCES
For quizzes, discussion posts, reviews, and more, check out our Tolkien post master list here.