Every year on March 25, the anniversary of the Downfall of Sauron, the Tolkien Society hosts Tolkien Reading Day. This year’s theme is Tolkien and the Mysterious. The primary goal is to promote the reading of the works of J.R R. Tolkien! To celebrate, Pages Unbound will be hosting two weeks of Tolkien-related posts. In addition to our own thoughts, we will be featuring a number of guest posts!
- March 24: Schedule and Introduction Post
- —Tolkien Book Giveaway
- March 25: “The Hands of the King are the Hands of a Healer” (Guest Post by Michael J. Miller @ My Comic Relief)
- March 26: The Bittersweet Ending of The Lord of the Rings (Discussion)
- March 27: My Journey Through Tolkien (Guest Post by Short Girl)
- March 28: Review: The Road Goes Ever On: A Song Cycle by Donald Swann and J.R.R. Tolkien (Guest Post by MoMo @ Remnants of Wit)
- March 29: Dwarf Name Generator
- March 30: Tolkien: The Father of Prog Rock and Metal (Guest Post by Jackie)
- — My Reading Relationship with J.R.R. Tolkien (Guest Post by Ashley)
- March 31: Tolkien’s Tales of the Elder Days (Guest Post by Linda White)
- April 1: “It Was Pity That Stayed His Hand” (Guest Post by Anne Marie Gazzolo)
- April 2: Tolkien: Maker of Middle-Earth (Exhibit at the Morgan Library and Museum Review)
- April 3: My Personal Journey Reading Tolkien (Guest Post by H.P. @ Every Day Should Be Tuesday)
Use the hashtag #TolkienReadingEvent19 to follow our event and share your thoughts on Tolkien!
Follow our Instagram account (@pagesunbound) for Tolkien-themed photos.
More Tolkien Resources
If you can’t wait for this year’s Tolkien posts, you can check out what we’ve done with past Tolkien Reading Celebrations here.
*LotR clip art is from CuteGraphicSupply on Etsy.