During March 2017, Pages Unbound will be running our fourth Tolkien Reading Event. Every year on March 25, the Tolkien Society celebrates Tolkien Reading Day, and we like to expand on the event by hosting several days’ worth of Tolkien-related content. We have had some wonderful guest posts in the past and would like to invite you to submit a guest post this year.
Update: The Tolkien Society has announced that the 2017 theme will be Poetry and Songs in Tolkien’s Fiction.
The Tolkien Reading Event is open to a wide variety of posts. In previous events, we have featured everything from book reviews to quizzes to serious literary criticism. Pitch us an idea for any type of post you would like! You can also review books and movies that have been featured before; we love new perspectives! See a full list of past posts here.
If you need ideas, we are particularly open to posts about:
- the official theme: poetry and songs in Tolkien’s fiction
- any aspect of The Silmarillion
- the art of Middle-Earth
- a tour of your Tolkien collection (books or merchandise)
- The Story of Kullervo (or Tolkien and the Kalevala)
- Tolkien’s influence on other fantasy works
- Tolkien’s villains
- your personal journey reading Tolkien
- reviews of books about (not by) Tolkien
- reflections on Tolkien’s “minor” works (Farmer Giles of Ham, Smith of Wooton Major, Roverandom)
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the Google form below. We will begin the event on Monday, March 20, and so would like to receive guest posts by March 13. We will contact everyone with final details around that time (such as what day your guest post will be scheduled). Please feel free to spread the word to fellow Tolkien fans!
Update: We had a couple questions about post length. We have no specific target length, just however long you feel you need to address the topic.
*LOTR clip art by Nesca at CuteGraphicSupply.