Today is the official start of the Anne of Green Gables Read-Along here at Pages Unbound. You can sign-up at any point through the read-along, so go here if you’d like to do that. You can also tweet about the read-along using our hashtag, #readAnneShirley.
The discussions questions for Chapters 1-10 will be posted next Sunday. Today, however, I have some preliminary questions for our participants. Feel free to answer the questions on your own blog and leave us a link in the comments, or you can just answer the questions in the comments here.
- Is this your first time reading Anne of Green Gables, or is this a reread for you?
- Why have you decided to join the read-along (why do you want to read or rearead Anne)?
- Have you read any other books by L.M. Montgomery? What did you think?
- Have you seen any movie/TV/play adaptations of Anne? Did you enjoy them?
- Have you ever been to Prince Edward Island? Do you want to visit?
- I’ve read Anne of Green Gables more times than I’ve even counted. It’s one of my favorite books, and I went through a face around fifth grade where I would read it and just start reading it again when I was done. Don’t judge.
- I love rereading Anne once in awhile, and I wanted to share the experience with others, so here I am!
- I’ve read most of Montgomery’s books I can get my hands on. Some of the short story collections are hard to obtain. There are reviews on the blog of some of her other books, for those interested, but I’d recommend basically all of her novels.😀
- I love the Megan Follows movie! The second two movies diverge pretty weirdly from the book series, so I’m a little more skeptical of them, but they still have great actors.
- No, but it’s one of my life goals to visit! It sounds so beautiful!
Happy reading, everyone!