New on the blog
- This month we started weekly round-ups of interesting posts in the blogosphere. They’re posted each Sunday and have become quite popular!
- We discontinued our “Entertainment Outlook” posts on Wednesdays. They had a dedicated following of about six readers and, unfortunately, are really time-consuming to research and produce for such a small number of interested people.
- Our blog stats are doing great. We’ve averaged about 100 page views a day this month, which is going up in the world for us after being stuck around 85 a day for the past couple of years.
New in Life
- Briana started another publishing internship. This mainly involves reading and evaluating manuscripts, but it’s extremely fast-paced–basically the first 100 pages of a manuscript with a detailed summary and commentary every 24 hours. Her reading of actual published books will probably slow!
- Four Things That Might Happen if Book Reviewers Were Paid
- What Should We Do with ARCs?
- Secrets from Your Writing Instructor: How to Interpret Feedback
- How to Make a Tri-Fold Hufflepuff Greeting Card
- Why We’re Adding Star Ratings to the Blog
- End of the Year Survey Results
- Firefight by Brandon Sanderson
- The Goblin’s Puzzle by Andrew S. Chilton
- Kissing in America by Margo Rabb
- Men of Iron by Howard Pile
- Pilfer Academy by Lauren Magaziner
- Starflight by Melissa Landers
- Squire by Tamora Pierce
- In February, we’re hosting a blogging tips event (as requested by our readers!). You can participate by submitting your best blogging advice here.
- In March, we’re hosting our third Tolkien Reading Event. This has had a great turn-out in the past. We have enough people to interview, but you can still sign up to guest post.