Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
TOP TEN Resolutions for 2016
- Increase my Pinterest use and traffic from Pinterest. Since Facebook changed its algorithms, we’ve gotten more referrals from Pinterest than from Facebook. I’d like to take advantage of that in 2016.
- Make more pin-able blog graphics. I like having general graphics (such as a banner that reads simply “Discussion Post”) because they save me time and allow me to focus on writing content for the blog–which is what I really love. However, more specific graphics are better for sharing on social media.
- Review more classics. I have a tendency not to read classics while I’m in school because contemporary novels seems like more of a “break.” I also tend to not review a lot of the books I read for class, and this seems like a missed opportunity.
- Reach my Goodreads goal of 150 books. It’s been a couple years since I made it to 150. I’ve been hovering around 100, and I’d like to stretch myself this year.
- Increase blog traffic. Pages Unbound just squeaked by with more views in 2015 than we got in 2014. While blog traffic isn’t anything, I would like to be able to say we actually grew within a two year period!
- Meet newbie bloggers. I’ve been looking for newbie bloggers to follow and, for some reason, have had a hard time following them. I know ReadWriteLove28 will be featuring some this year, so I’m going to check them out!
- Guest post more. I’ve signed up for one guest post already (coming all the way in December 2016!), but I’m interested in finding more opportunities and meeting new bloggers.
- Host an awesome Tolkien event. This March will be our third annual Tolkien Reading Event, and I’m hoping to get some really thoughtful and fun posts. Some great guest posters have already signed up, and I’ve finished reading Beowulf and am ready to write a review!
- Inspire everyone to read middle grade. There are a lot of grade middle grade books and many of them aren’t particularly more “childish” than YA. I think readers are missing out!
- Do Top Ten Tuesday more. Lately I’ve been letting Krysta do it all the time, but maybe I should pitch in once in a while.