Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
TOP TEN Authors That WEre New to Me in 2015
- Lisa Graff: Her books are so sensitive and she celebrates diversity.
- Ursula Vernon: For Castle Hangnail.
- Carter Roy: The Blood Guard.
- Megan Morrison: For Grounded, her retelling of Rapunzel.
- Shaun Tan: The Arrival.
- Jeremy Whitley: His Princeless series celebrates diversity, independence, and appropriate armor for females.
- Hilary Mantel: Wolf Hall.
- George Gascoigne: The Adventures of Master F. J. is wild.
It would seem that I mostly read authors I already knew and loved!
8 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday (116): New-to-Me Authors in 2015”
I totally need to read Grounded!! I have heard it is really good. Lost in the Sun is also on my list, I have been really slacking on the middle grade titles.
I love middle grade so much and Graff is one of my new must-read authors!
Yay for Hilary Mantel! I was actually thinking about her Thomas Cromwell books the other day and wondering when the last book will be released xD Great list!
I still haven’t read the second book, so I was kind of hoping she’d give me time to catch up before she releases the third!
I can’t say I’ve read any of these authors but I’ve found some fantastic ones this year. My favorite new-to-me author from this year is probably Nicole Castroman. I got a hold of an ARC of her novel, Blackhearts, and can’t wait for everyone to read it. 2015 has been a great year for books.
I’ve never heard of Castroman, but I’ll definitely try to check her out since she comes so highly recommended!
I’ve noticed a lot of books came out this year that looked great–but I have so little time to read! What a dilemma! 😉
The only one on your list I’ve read is Hilary Mantel. I loved Wolf Hall! (Still need to watch the TV production.) Nice list — I’ll have to check out some of the others.
I haven’t seen the TV production yet either, alas.