Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
TOP TEN Books I’m Grateful For
1. The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri: You know those books that change you, the ones that make you aware of a before-the-book you and the after-the-book you? This was one of those, for me.
2. The Winter’s Tale by William Shakespeare: One of his best–and that’s saying something!
3. The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien: Stories that celebrate sacrifice seem increasingly rare.
4. The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis: Heart-breaking.
5. The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien: A breathless adventure full of high tragedy and also great joy and great beauty.
6. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery: Montgomery makes life seem beautiful.
7. A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd: A book that celebrates kindness and diversity.
8. Absolutely Almost by Lisa Graff: A beautiful book about being ordinary.
9. the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling: Talking about Harry Potter is an instant way to make new friends!
10. My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok: A moving depiction of a struggle between art and faith.