Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
Top Ten Authors I’ve Read the Most Books From
I always find these lists a bit odd, since saying I’ve read a bunch of books by Carloyn Keene versus J. K. Rowling, say, only means that Keene happened to have written more books (which is easier, I imagine, when you have a bunch of ghostwriters). But, here you go–my most-read authors, according to Goodreads.
1. Carolyn Keene: I loved Nancy Drew when I was growing up.
2. L. M. Montgomery: She could never write enough books for me.
3. C. S. Lewis: Luckily I still have some books of his I haven’t read yet.
4. William Shakespeare: For some reason I wasn’t expecting him on this list, though I have read plenty of his works.
5. Tamora Pierce: I haven’t read her books in years, so she was really a surprise.
6. J. R. R. Tolkien: So glad Christopher Tolkien keeps giving us more of his father’s works!
7. Shannon Hale: I can still look forward to new works from her!
8. C. S. Forester: Apparently my reading the Hornblower series helped Forester make this list.
9. Emmuska Orczy: She’s probably on here mostly because of the Scarlet Pimpernel, but I have read some of her other books.
10. Dr. Seuss: Well, this seems random!