Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
Top Ten Books I’d Love to See as Movies/TV Shows
1. The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry: I want to see this beautiful sisterhood declare their independence and solve a murder mystery in a televised mini series. Period dramas are popular–it could happen!
2. The Grimmtastic Girls series by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams: This series featuring fairy tale characters in boarding school would make a cute and fun animated series!
3. The Ashtown Burials series by N. D. Wilson: A brother and sister join an ancient order of explorers to defeat an ancient evil. Characters like Gilgamesh and Arachne are walking around in modern-day New York. How would this not make an awesome film franchise?
4. The Narnia series by C. S. Lewis: I want to see movies of these that actually capture the spirit and the magic of the books.
5. Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene: How great would it be if Nancy had a series in the vein of Agent Carter? A girl sleuth in the 1930s would make a great period series!
7. An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott: Why do people keep remaking Little Women when Alcott has other works?
8. The Cherry Ames series by Helen Wells: Call the Midwife is popular. Why not have a show about a young woman studying to be a nurse in the 1940s?
9. The Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Williams: Williams’s name would make it instantly popular, so why hasn’t it happened?
10. Hospital Sketches by Louisa May Alcott: Really, I just want a drama about Civil War nurses. It doesn’t even have to be based on this book.