Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read
1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer: Controversies about the merits of the writingg, the sketchy ways Edward expresses interest, and the inability of Bella to exist without her boyfriend aside, I’m not generally interested in paranormal romances.
2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare: Another paranormal romance and thus not of much interest to me.
3. The Selection by Kiera Cass: Briana’s review convinced me I wouldn’t enjoy this one.
4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: I don’t read much contemporary YA.
5. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin: I like the TV series, but I’ve heard the book drags out events. I figure I can get all the action and intrigue much faster by sticking to the show.
6. If I Stay by Gayle Forman: The plot never sounded interesting to me.
7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Contemporary YA that sounds mainly like a romance–I think I’ll pass, even though Briana really likes this one.
8. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell: I tried once. But it was taking a long time so I skipped to the end. And then I realized I didn’t need to read hundreds of pages to get to that sort of ending. I’ve seen the movie, though, so I’m good, right?
9. Moby Dick by Herman Melville: I understand it’s hundreds of pages about looking for a whale….
10. any sequels to a Jane Austen novel: I read Death Comes to Pemberley by P. D. James. It just didn’t have the same magic.