Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
Top Ten Books on My Spring TBR List
1. The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani: Still not tired of books featuring fairy tale characters in school.
2. Nada by Carmen Laforet: I’ve started this a few times but one day will finish!
3. Hospital Sketches by Louisa May Alcott: I grew up an avid fan of Alcott, so of course need to read the book based on her experiences as a Civil War nurse.
4. The History of The Hobbit, Part One: Mr. Baggins by John D. Rateliff: Rateliff maps the development of J. R. R. Tolkien’s classic book, including original drafts and previously unpublished maps. Cool stuff.
5. Valiant by Sarah McGuire: This retelling of “The Brave Little Tailor” will be released in April and I’m excited!
6. The Boy Who Lost Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente: I can’t get enough of Fairyland!
7. Stolen Magic by Gail Carson Levine: A Tale of Two Castles was a disappointment, but it’s a Gail Carson Levine book so I’ll read it anyway.
8. The Thickety: The Whispering Trees by J. A White: The Path Widens was a beautiful work and I can’t wait to read the sequel.
9. Rook by Sharon Cameron: The Scarlet Pimpernel is a favorite of mine and I want to see how this apparent retelling plays out.
10. Otter in Space by Sam Garton: I can’t express enough how much I love Otter and how much I want everyone else to love Otter, too.