The Book Blogger Love-A-Thon is an event hosted by Alexa Loves Books that is dedicated to spreading love for blogs and bloggers. The opening post is a questionnaire.
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
The United States!
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
My co-blogger and I had been writing book reviews for ourselves for years when we discovered the book blogging community and decided to share our reviews with others.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Krysta and I went through a number of ideas before settling on Pages Unbound. We wanted something that conveyed the idea of finding the essence of a book.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
Fantasy, but there are also a lot of classics, science fiction, historical fiction, etc. Contemporary realistic fiction is probably the most under-represented.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
We have a bunch of things! We like doing discussion posts on writing, blogging, and publishing. We have a monthly If You Like, Then Read suggestion feature. Our bookish personality quizzes are quite popular. More recently, we started classic author spotlight events. We showcased Charlotte Bronte in January and will be featuring William Shakespeare in April.
7. Best blogging experience so far?
I haven’t gotten to any book events yet, so I’d say my best experiences have been interacting with other bloggers and participating in events like this one. I’m also a fan of the Bookish Games.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
I love the variety of posts and opinions. Whatever you’re looking for, you can find it.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!
- Court of Fives by Kate Elliott
- Otter in Space by Sam Garton
- The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas
10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
I don’t think it’s underrated, but it’s probably under-read: My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok. It’s engaging and incredibly thoughtful about art, family, and religion.
11. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Patt Gardner from L. M. Montgomery’s Pat of Silver Bush. She’s a bit quiet, but has a great heart.
12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
When I have time, Scottish Country dancing and contra dancing. I also like crafts. Krysta and I occasionally make literary-themed crafts, too!
13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
I’m not really big on shopping (and I’m on a grad student’s income!), but I do like shopping for dresses.
14. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
It would completely depend on my mood! My favorite song is always changing.
15. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
I’d love to see the Lunar Chronicles adapted into a television show.