Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
Top Ten Books I’m Looking Forward to in 2015
1. Otter in Space by Sam Garton: Otter says she isn’t really going to space, but I’m still excited. I just hope Giraffe doesn’t get into trouble.
2. The Boy Who Lost Fairyland by Catherynne M. Valente: The fourth book in the Fairyland series follows a changeling, rather than September. I’m ready to see where this change takes us.
3. Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente: Apparently an alternate history space opera. Valente wrote it, so I’m interested.
4. Court of Fives by Kate Elliot: The description compares the book to Game of Thrones, The Hunger Games, and Little Women. I’m intrigued to see how that works.
5. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: The reference to a “Rome-like” setting caught my attention.
6. Rook by Sharon Cameron: Though not labelled as such, it appears to be a retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel, one of my favorite stories.
7. Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee: Set on the Oregon Trail!
8. Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George: I’m not normally into paranormal YA, but it’s Jessica Day George and it seems to be sort of a period piece, so I’ll try it.
9. The Revelation of Louisa May by Michaela MacColl: A novel about Louisa May Alcott where she finds love and investigates a murder. Could be interesting.
10. A Sliver of Stardust by Marissa Burt: About a girl who loves astronomy!