Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
Top Ten Books That Will Be in My Beach Bag This Summer
1. The Castle Behind Thorns by Merrie Haskell: A cute middle-grade fantasy with an enchanted castle!
2. Hero by Alethea Kontis: I keep saying I’m going to read it–and one day I will!
3. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer: I’ve finally read Cinder! I’m still trying to catch up with the rest of the blogosphere, though.
4. Beowulf: A Translation and Commentary by J. R. R. Tolkien: I’ve waited years for Tolkien’s Beowulf to be published!
5. Cinderella Stays Late by Joan Holub: Briana’s reviews of this series make it sound so cute!
6. Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones: Howl’s Moving Castle was fantastic–now I need to read the rest!
7. Savvy by Ingrid Law: The premise–members of a magical family each receive a special talent at age thirteen–makes this one sound like a fun summer read.
8. A Drowned Maiden’s Hair by Laura Amy Schlitz: I enjoyed Splendors and Glooms a lot and can’t wait to read more from Schlitz.
9. The Fall of Arthur by J. R. R. Tolkien: I don’t want my Tolkien street cred to suffer just because I haven’t read this one yet.
10. Tennis Shoes by Noel Streatfeild: I’m interested in seeing how Streatfeild, known for her children’s books featuring the theatre, handles this new territory.