Every year on March 25, the anniversary of the Downfall of Sauron, the Tolkien Society hosts Tolkien Reading Day. This year’s theme is hope in Tolkien’s works. The primary goal is to promote the reading of the works of J. R. R. Tolkien! To celebrate, Pages Unbound will be hosting a week of Tolkien-related posts. In addition to our own thoughts, we will be featuring guest posts and interviews!
Ways to Participate
- If you’re really excited, you can grab our event button and put it on your blog.
- You can read a book by J.R.R. Tolkien this week and post a review on your blog! If you do, let us know so we can go read it! (Find reading suggestions on the Tolkien Society’s Bibliography.)
- Spread the word on social media.
- Feel free to link to any past posts you may have made about Tolkien, his writings, or even the movies in the comments on this post.
Our Previous Tolkien Posts
- We hosted our first Tolkien Reading Celebration in March 2012. Find a list of all the posts and guest posts here.
- In March 2013, we featured brief quotes from authors and bloggers on what Tolkien means to them. Find out more.
- This January through March, we co-hosted a Lord of the Rings Read-Along with Stephanie of Chasm of Books. Check out the discussion posts.
- Find out where you should live in Middle Earth.
- Test your knowledge of The Two Towers.