Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013
1. Dante: Does it get better than The Divine Comedy?
2. George Eliot: So far I’ve read Middlemarch and Silas Marner, but now ALL her books are on my TBR list!
3. Juliet Marillier: I’ve only read Daughter of the Forest, but I grabbed the next two books at a used book sale. My winter reading is looking good.
5. Diana Wynne Jones: Finally I’ve read Howl’s Moving Castle!
6. John Dos Passos: Another author I was surprised to find myself enjoying.
7. Primo Levi: I’d read a selection from his Periodic Table before, but this year I read a full book, Survival in Auschwitz.
8. St. Augustine: I read his Confessions.
9. Henry James: I introduced myself to James through some of his shorter works–The Turn of the Screw and The Beast in the Jungle among others–so perhaps next year it’s time to tackle a novel.
10. Laura Lee Gulledge: Author of the graphic novel Page by Paige.