Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is
Top Ten Books I Would Love to See as a Movie/TV Show (in a Perfect World)
1. Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery: Technically a TV series already exists, but I would love to see a remake. Most of the actors simply did not fit my vision and the story line deviated a fair amount from the book.
2. The Dragon’s Tooth by N. D. Wilson: A gripping fantasy adventure set in the American Midwest in which two siblings join an ancient order of explorers dedicated to protecting the world.
3. Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins: The start of fantasy series in which young Gregor explores a secret world hidden under New York City.
4. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine: The existing movie is a fun chick flick in its own way, but I want to see Ella Enchanted on the big screen–not some movie that happens to share the same name.
5. The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine: Why stop with Ella Enchanted? This is my favorite book by Levine. It features a timid protagonist who learns to believe herself as well as a very sweet romance.
6. Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George: I admit it. I just want to see the magical castle on the big screen!
7. The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis: I wouldn’t mind the previous Narnia films being remade, but since this one has never had the chance to be a movie at all, I decided to add it especially to my list. I would love to see so many scenes–the falling of the stars and the awakening of Father Time, for example.
8. Nancy Drew: The recent movie wasn’t all bad, but wouldn’t a 1930s Nancy be fun?
9. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente: This might prove hard as the narrator gives the book a lot of its charm, but movie makers have faced such problems before.
10. Pat of Silver Bush by L. M. Montgomery: My favorite Montgomery book!