Authors Kim Askew and Amy Helmes are excited to offer a sneak peak at the third book in their “Twisted Lit” series of Shakespeare-inspired YA novels. This time around, they’ve put their unique spin on Romeo & Juliet. Published by Merit Press, Anyone But You will be released in January, and is currently available for pre-order at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble and Powell’s.
Anyone But You:
A Modern-Day Spin on Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet
by Kim Askew and Amy Helmes
(Book #3 in the Twisted Lit series)
Two Italian restaurants, both alike in dignity, in Chicago’s Little Italy where we lay our scene…
After her family’s struggling eatery, Cap’s, falls prey to another of the Monte clan’s vicious and destructive pranks, sixteen-year-old Gigi Caputo finds herself courting danger during a clandestine encounter with Roman Monte, the very boy whose relatives have brought her family such grief. When the daughter and son of these two warring factions fall for each other, their quest to mend this bitter family feud turns out to be a recipe for disaster. Their story is irrevocably linked to the summer of 1933, when two twelve-year-olds, Benny and Nick, hop the turnstile at the Chicago World’s Fair. While enjoying some of the fair’s legendary amusements, Nick has a “love at first sight” encounter with Stella, a young girl who unintentionally causes a lasting rift between the two boyhood pals. Deftly winding its way through past and present day, this modern take on Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet has much to do with hate — but more with love.
Giveaway: Win a Twisted Lit novel!
To celebrate the cover reveal of Anyone But You, Kim Askew and Amy Helmes are giving away signed copies of their first two books, Tempestuous and Exposure. At Pages Unbound, you can enter to win Tempestuous (click here to see Briana’s review).
- The giveaway is open to United States residents only.
- The winner must be 13 years or older.
- The giveaway winner has 48 hrs to respond after being informed he or she has won. In the case of no response, we will choose another winner.
- We will pass the winner’s contact information along to the authors, Kim Askew and Amy Helmes, who will mail the prize. We will use your personal information in no other way.
- We are not responsible for any damage or nondelivery of the prize.