July 1-6, 2013, Pages Unbound will be hosting a Reading Robin Hood event! Any book, movie, or other media relating to Robin Hood is eligible for the events, including retellings. You may post book reviews, movie reviews, reflections, discussion posts, or anything else related to Robin Hood!
Many thanks to our friend Denise, who suggested a Robin Hood event. She’ll be guest posting with us at Pages Unbound this week!
Ways to Participate
- If you would like, grab the event button and add it to your blog.
- Read any book(s) about Robin Hood or watch any film adaptation. (See this post for reading suggestions.)
- Post a review of the book or film on your own blog anytime during the event. Let us know about it, and we will add it to a master list post of all the read-along posts and reviews. (We think this will make it easier to find other bloggers’ posts than using Mr. Linky).
- If you don’t have a blog and would like to participate, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post your reviews or discussion posts as guest posts.
- Photo Challenge! Tweet a forest photograph you have taken with the hashtag #ReadRobinHood! You can also submit other Robin-themed photos, including yourself in costume, archery scenes, etc. If you don’t have a Twitter account, you can also post to Facebook and tag the Pages Unbound page.
- The hashtag for the event on Twitter will be #ReadRobinHood.
- We will be giving away the winner’s choice of a Kindle edition of either The World Above by Cameron Dokey or Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen.
- The giveaway is open to participants of the Reading Robin Hood event. You participate by making any Robin Hood related post for the event on your own blog.
- Each post you write counts for one entry, so you can earn multiple entries. Participating in the Photo Challenge, if you have also written a post, also counts as one entry. (i.e. You cannot win if the only thing you do for the event is tweet a photo.)
- The giveaway winner must be 13 or older, or legally old enough to win in his or her country of residence.
- We are not responsible for any malfunctions resulting in nondelivery of the prize.
- The giveaway winner has 48 hrs to respond after being informed he or she has won. In the case of no response, we will choose another winner.