Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is:
Most Anticipated Books for 2013
1. The Fall of Arthur by J. R. R. Tolkien: A verse retelling of Arthur’s final days, edited by Christopher Tolkien. Read the publisher’s description. Release date May 23.
2. Rapunzel Let Down by Regina Doman: A retold fairy tale set in the modern-day world, the book promises to adhere more rigidly to the original story as it features an out-of-wedlock pregnancy. Read Doman’s description of the book. Projected release Easter 2013.
3. Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin by Liesl Shurtliff: Rump’s ability to turn straw into gold places him under the power of a curse that can only be broken by the discovery of his true name. Release date April 9.
4. Story’s End by Marissa Burt: The sequel to Storybound. Release date April 2.
5. Wednesdays in the Tower by Jessica Day George: The sequel to Tuesdays in the Castle follows Celie and her brother Rolf as they care for a mysterious egg. May 2013.