Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Authors I Am Thankful for
1. J.R.R. Tolkien: His work made me fall in love with Middle English and Anglo-Saxon. His books prove that fantasy can be “literary” and profound.
2. L. M. Montgomery: Anne Shirley taught me a lot about friendship and imagination. L. M. Montgomery showed me it’s beautiful to fall in love with a friend.
3. C. S. Lewis: The Chronicles of Narnia added a lot of magic to my childhood.
4. John Keats: His poetry proves that the world is beautiful and that looking for beauty is a worthy pursuit.
5. Chaim Potok: His novels look at the world in profound and complex ways.
6. Peter Kreeft: His books are always thoughtful and use reason to find truth.
7. Gail Carson Levine: I spent a lot of my childhood imagining myself into her books.
8. The Gawain Poet: His work exemplifies much of what I love about the literature of the Middle Ages.
9. Alexandre Dumas: His books are both exciting and profound. He shows long books can be great books.
10. Tamora Pierce: I grew up reading about her strong female protagonists.
9 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday (40): Top Ten Authors I Am Thankful for”
love your list so many great ones!
here’s my my TTT
A great list! Tolkien, Lewis and Potok would be on my list, also. I’ve never read any Dumas but think that I’m going to have to in the near future.
I hope you find time! Dumas is one of my favorite authors (though I still have books of his left to read!)
Great list! Tolkien also made my list this week ❤ I've been meaning to re-read John Keats' works, I agree with everything you said about him (funny that, I also have a poet on my list this week) =)
Here’s my TTT this week =)
And people think poetry is dead. *shake head*
Ooh, Keats, good one!
I approve of basically every author on this list, especially Tolkien, Montgomery, Lewis, Levine, and Dumas. Yup, you nailed it with this one.
Thanks! I’m glad you agree! 🙂