Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week we are listing
Top Ten Books To Read in a Day
2. Cinderellis and the Glass Hill by Gail Carson Levine: It’s short and funny with an endearingly awkward protagonist. Also, the princess has a cat. Read Briana’s review.
3. Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins: Collins creates an amazing world underneath New York City where men struggle to live alongside giant rats, cockroaches, and spiders. Initially it’s a little creepy, but Collins does the seemingly impossible and makes the readers sympathize with and even like these much-detested creatures.
5. The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White: This book follows Louis the swan, who can read and write, as well as play the trumpet.
6. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J. K. Rowling: Why not spend a day revisting the magical book that started the worldwide phenomenon? Read Briana’s review.
7. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Fast-paced and action-packed, it’s perfect for reading in one day. Plus, you probably won’t be able to put it down.
8. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine: Cursed to be obedient, Ella must find a way to break the spell if she wants to find her happily-ever-after. A retelling of “Cinderella.”
9. Princess Academy by Shannon Hale: This is far more than just another princess book. It focuses on the life of the mountain people, showing how they draw strength from each other and from the mountain they love. Read Briana’s review.
10. Smith of Wooton Major & Farmer Giles of Ham by J. R. R. Tolkien: Two charming stories, one dealing with the land of Faery and the other following the misguided adventures of a farmer attempting to slay a dragon. Read Briana’s review of “Smith of Wooton Major“.