Top Ten Tuesday (32): Top Ten Books That Made You Think
Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books That Make You Think (About The World, People, Life, etc)
2. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery: Anne manages to see so much beauty in the world that it inspires readers to try to do the same.
3. The Chosen by Chaim Potok: A book about friendship and human nature.
4. The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger: Haven’t all of us felt that the world is full of phonies?
6. My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok: More on human nature and also a lot about art and beauty.
7. 1984 by George Orwell: What makes a dysoptia and how might it occur in our world?
9. Born Yesterday by James Solheim: A whimsical look into a newborn’s mind and how he might view and learn about the world.
10. Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer: Foer explores the power of the human mind and explains that often “limitations” are simply things we have invented and imposed on ourselves.