Top Ten Tuesday (30)
Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme instructed participants to choose a past topic.
Top Ten Bookish Confessions
1. I read the summary of A Clash of Kings on Wikipedia in hopes it would convince me the series would start moving faster. It didn’t. My conclusion was that “Jon goes looking for information, but he doesn’t manage to find any in the entire novel. Try Book 3 for results.”
2. I only read Twilight because I thought it would be easier to take three hours and do so, rather than spend the next century listening to people tell me to read it. Now I’m just grateful I can feel legitimate insulting it, since I actually have read it.
3. I saw The Fellowship of the Ring movie before I read any of Tolkien’s books.
4. I have not read any Jane Austen, and I do not feel the need to. I have seen the Pride and Prejudice movies too many times to find the book interesting (I did try!)
5. I do dog ear books if I’m desperate and I borrowed them from the library and they’re beat up anyway….
6. I would turn around in circles and face the east just in case Narnia was real, and one time it would work.
7. I suggested my library order The Princess Curse primarily because I want to read it. This time, the “request a book and we’ll put it on hold for you automatically” thing worked. It’s more annoying when I suggest they purchase a book because I’ve read it and just think they should buy it so other people can read it.
8. I hate bookmarks. I remember where I am in the book and just look for it. (Exception: Bookmarks are useful when one is doing research.)
9. I would love to work in publishing. Hopefully no one will find me insulting their books on this blog and hold it against me.
10. I became interested in medieval and Anglo-Saxon literature because Tolkien liked it. He was totally on to something!